New journey to live for...

Open, hoping, timing, grinding, tempted, segmented...
A poets course...
A poets thoughts...
All this may leave you breathless.
Being censored if I did you'll never get this...I write for me to set my mind free. I entertain those of your so you can get through what your going through. I am Po3try inside and out...Journey with me.

Monday, May 16, 2011

I've Had the Truth

They say "the truth hurts". They also say the "truth shall set you free".
But what they really mean is except it or else.
See I've had the truth, it came with nice things, smiles, laughter, & lust.
The definition of being truthful according to dictionary dot com is "corresponding with reality".
My reality was one big truth but at times I couldn't adhere to the reality, because all of THIS minus all of THAT should have been more.
Life wasn't equaling up to what could have been, it was what it was.
See I've had the truth in a great friend and thoughts of what could have been...
This isn't your regular sappy poem with a happy ending.
Its a release of anger and ones heart mending.
The freedom that I came away with from the truth was nothing...
Time pressed with time, I believed that a better truth would someday come.
But all I got was the truth plus 1.
Tears never felt so cold on nights so warm.
I've had the truth and it hurt more than a lie.
The truth set me free from loving what I thought was a great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment